Cassini MIMI Pages
LEMMS Turntable Design Status
Presentation by H. Huomo at MIMI team meeting, October 1994
TT/LEMMS Design Status
- Structure design for EM completed
- Motor SS parts 2 life test jig in manufacture
- Launch latch concept changed after CAPS tests, now OK
- Some engineering needed for stepper PWM
Areas of Concern
- mass CBE: 3450 g vs. 2367 g IFD
- life test schedule and duration
- bearings are late
- proposed 10 rpm max speed of stepping is only 14.4 krev/day
Life and Other Test Issues
- Stepping anomaly during random vib. It will not operate during vib.
- Proposed APL test philosophy okay, TT/LEMMS EM will be tested Q/Q as planned.
- Magnetics: DC okay, AC TBC
Results of electrical interface tests: separate sheet, K. Ahola
IFD and Contract
- Open TBDs flagged, to be closed during this meeting
- Contract to be signed Oct. 94, minor open issues
Next: Interface tests, 17-19 October, 1994
Return to Historical MIMI Memos and Notes main page.
Return to Cassini MIMI table of contents page.
Return to Fundamental Technologies Home Page.
Updated 6/12/08, T. Hunt-Ward